No matter what shiny new app comes along, we still can’t shake our deep love for Twitter. Not just
because watching awards ceremonies and live events is so much more fun with your one eye on the
# – how do tweet peeps make those memes so quickly?! – but also because of its power to drive
traffic to your site or other social channels.
One way fashion & beauty brands can have credible conversations around their brands on twitter is
through collaborating with influencers, ambassadors and our twitter community in an online tweet
up – otherwise known as a Twitter Takeover, Twitter Party, Twitter Q&A and so forth.
Here’s our top 5 tips for hosting a successful twitter party.
1. Pre-promote. Like all good events it’s important to create awareness before. Post out an
invitation and don’t forget the hashtag so non-followers can jump in to the chat too.
2. Identify your co-hosts. Find between 2-6 wing men/women to help promote the event on
their channels and keep the pace during the chat.
3. Pre-plan your topics and FAQs. Sit down with your resident expert/spokesmodel and draft
some FAQ answers beforehand. You’ll find the similar questions keep being asked and it will
speed up the process.
4. Share something exclusive. Don’t leave all the work to your twitter guests. Reward them for
attending your online event by directing them to some new content on your video channels
or even create a dedicated mailing list where they can receive a special treat for showing up.
5. Provide a clear CTA and opportunity for follow up. Let your guests know where to find you
when the chat is over and share a link to a blog/FB page where any questions you didn’t
have time to answer live will be posted.
Regular Twitter parties have the power to increase you’re your audience, email database and
website traffic. They are great for brands on a tight budget and an excellent way to build a closer
connection with your audience.
Want to boost your digital skills in just 5-days?
Digital Marketing London is offering up to £200 off their bespoke digital
boot camp training for Fashion & Beauty Brands. Learn more here.